Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Introduction

So, I'm Burnice, aka Jenny.

I'm starting this blog so I can explore topics of interest to other parents who want to provide their children with an organic, wholesome upbringing. I would like to do an actual podcast or radio show, but having a 9 month old son and full-time job keeps me too busy, for now.

Since the birth of my son, I have been basically obsessed with all things pregnancy, birthing and babies. I belong to several yahoo groups, attend La Leche League meetings when I can, and just generally hang around other mommies and families who choose to live a more "radical" parenting life.

I'm sure there will come a day when I won't be as obsessed with such topics, and the Bullhorn will focus on more political and freedom-related matters, but this just where my life is right now.

In the coming weeks and months, I hope to cover controversial topics such as hospital birth v. midwife center birth v. home birth v. unassisted birth; Breastfeeding v. formula feeding (and the tons of sub-issues that come with each); Disposable diapering v. cloth diapering; whether or not to vaccinate your child.

Surely this blog will also be used for me to get stuff that pisses me off out into the world and not on my chest.

No comments: